Mobile Phone Users: I am not sure why the "ipetition" doesn't show on all mobile phones and am working on this. If you can, please take the time to sign the petition using a tablet or computer. I hope to figure this out soon. Thank you for your patience.

Tuesday 27 May 2014

I am a third party when it comes to my own medical reports!

This is my second post for today!


This morning I phoned screening mammography to try and get copies of the reports from my mammograms that were sent to my GP.  I can't get them.  I can get copies of the "happy gram" form letters I wrote about in an earlier post but not the reports.  Apparently they can't release the reports to me because even though I am the patient, I am considered a "third party"!  If this isn't bull you know what then tell me what is!  If you have any ideas as to how I can get them please leave me a comment.


I knew these reports would be challenging to get and even voiced my concerns to family and friends and was told that I needn't worry about that as I could get them.  Well ladies, please know that you can't get a copy of the report sent to your doctor unless you get it from him! 


Tomorrow I am going to try and get a copy of the film images from 2008 and 2010.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I found I can get copies of any report I want by going to the records department at the hospital. As the patient, I am allowed this access here in Massachusetts. Maybe skip the doctor's office and go straight to records? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete